YOUR SAITO 100 OR 125
You should always break-in a new engine. Here is the method
I was shown and it has never failed me.
- Always adjust your valves before starting the motor.
- Set your low speed needle to be flush with the plastic
- Set your high speed needle 5 turns out.
- Prime your motor.
- Attach the glow igniter to the glow plug.
- Start the motor
- Leave the glow igniter on the glow plug until the
motor runs out of fuel.
- Use a Tachometer to ensure the motors RPMs donít
- Run a minimum of 2 tanks though the motor.
- Adjust you low speed needle in about 2 1/8 turns
- Adjust your high speed needle in.
- Use a Tachometer to set the high speed at about
9600 RPMs. There nothing wrong with running your new motor a little rich
for the first few tanks.
- Itís ready to fly.
- For the first few tanks set your throttle trim tab
a bit high to make sure she doesnít go dead stick on landing. (This is
just a paranoid thing I do)
- I also replace the factory glow plug with an OS F